Medical Business Insurance
Starting and growing a medical practice requires careful planning and preparation, countless hours, and thousands of dollars. All of your hard work and decisions can easily be wiped out if you don't protect yourself and your practice. The following statistics show how easily you could be affected:
- The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission receives close to 100,000 employment practices complaints annually -- and the number is expected to rise.
- According to a recent Directors & Officers Liability Survey performed by Towers Watson, almost one third of all private company survey respondents have had a D&O claim in the past 10 years. These types of claims are not covered by a company's Commercial General Liability or Business Owners' policy.
- In 2013, the Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts reported 18,035 lawsuits filed under Labor Law violations. Cases filed under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) accounted for over 8,000 of those lawsuits.
As a physician, you know the importance of treating your patients individually to meet their specific needs. When it comes to insuring your business, you want the same individual attention. While most businesses need property and casualty insurance that covers autos, buildings, equipment, employees, and facilities, your particular business has unique risks that are not covered by these more general insurance plans. That's precisely what CMIC Group offers through its MEDICAL OFFICE INSURANCE PROGRAM. Here are a few of the coverages we offer:
- Building and Business Personal Property
- Business Auto
- Workers’ Compensation
- Employment Practices Liability
- Directors & Officers Liability
- Fiduciary Liability
- Crime Insurance
- Cyber Liability
- ERISA Pension Bonds
- Excess and Umbrella Liability